Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Project

With Easter coming up and Riley finally growing a bit of hair I decided that I wanted to try my hand at hairclip-making.  I took the overall construction idea from clips that I've purchased from Pink Hippo.  Super cute, outrageously priced clips.  I started by purchasing my materials from Hobby Lobby: glue gun, flowers, hair clips, and velvet ribbon.

I started by cutting the velvet to the length needed to wrap around the clip.  I then attached it to the clip with the glue gun.  Next, I pulled off a flower, or several, and cut off the plastic tip on the bottom.  Then, attached the flower to the clip. 

And here is the finished product...

What do you think? Cute?  I need to find some better materials to use for flowers and such. I also need to get some sort of rhinestone, or something, to put in the middle of some of the flowers.  Next on the list, learn to make bows to attach!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I vote yes--they're super cute. Nice work!!