Monday, December 1, 2008

Riley's 1st Thanksgiving

Another 1st to check off the list. Riley had her first Thanksgiving last week! Mom and Dad were happy to have a break from work and 4 whole days to spend with Riley. We weren't sure how Riley would do with three Thanksgivings in one day, but she did great. She was able to meet some of her relatives that she hadn't met yet. She was so excited and tired from all the turkey that Mom ate that she took naps at all three dinners. What a good baby!



We put up our Christmas tree this weekend. We didn't have a tree last year because we were trying to sell our house. So, since we moved in to our new house we have had our brand new tree sitting in it's box in our dining room (someday we will be completely unpacked!). Riley sat in her bouncy chair watching us spread out all the limbs for awhile before protesting. Brett and I had fun laughing at all of our ornaments and remembering why we have them. Brett likes to make fun of my miniture wooden ornaments. I love them because they remind me of my grandma Lois. She always had them on her tree. We started a tradition two years ago where we each buy one another an ornament each Christmas so that we will someday have a tree full of memories. I think this will be a tradition that I continue with Riley. We had several additions this year: Our ornament that we bought at Sandals in Jamaica on our honeymoon, a snowflake that says LOVE (from Brett), a (really cool) Christmas Leprechaun (from me), and two Baby's 1st Christmas ornaments for Riley. She'll appreciate the one with her picture in it someday. I remember when I was little I loved the ornament that had my picture in it.
Here is our tree looking down from upstairs:

No comments: