Riley's first Christmas was wonderful despite totally messing with her bedtime routine! I know that she just loved it...ha! She slept through 80% of her presents...all of which were wonderful. I think she particularly loved her exersaucer from Santa. Somehow he always brings the perfect gifts!
Christmas Eve started our festivities this year. We welcomed Brett's sister, Libby, and her boyfriend, David, into our house for a few days. It was great to have them home with us this Christmas. Last year we went to visit them in MN the weekend before Christmas. We also went to Brett's Aunt and Uncle's house for some delicious prime rib. They just moved in to a new house so it was wonderful to finally see it.
Christmas morning we had Brett's parents and siblings over to open gifts and to eat brunch. We only accomplished opening gifts as we nearly set our oven on fire. I attempted to make monkey bread and failed miserably! I used a two piece bundt pan only to have all of the yummy goo seep to the bottom of the oven. We tried to finish cooking it in the microwave and that was a disaster, as well. This is 2/2 dinners with the Murphy's where something has burned horribly! Next year I think I'll make cinnamon rolls from the can! ;) Riley got a lot of wonderful gifts from the Murphy's. She got some cute clothes, a walker, some toys, a glow worm (Grandma Kathy bought this for her since she was her little glow worm with her billy blanket when she first came home), a Christmas ornament, and some books.
Brett cleaning out the oven. He's so resourceful!:
Christmas afternoon we went to my parents' house to celebrate with all of the Burch's. Riley wore her cute Christmas dress. She must have loved it because we were able to keep it clean and on her all day! No mishaps here...Mom did most of the cooking. I've always loved her ham and mashed potatoes. We brought the green bean casserole - uncooked because we weren't able to use our oven without the house filling with smoke! Riley got a bunch of great gifts here, as well. Great Grandpa Melvin got her all of the coins that were minted in 2008. What a special gift. They are all encased and the shiniest coins I've ever seen. She will truly be able to cherish this gift when she is older! He also got her a bank filled with quarters. Riley also got a lot of cute clothes, toys, books, and bath robe. What a lucky girl! I can't wait to use the bathrobe tonight for her bath. I'm sure she'll love it as much as I do.
Riley with her bank:
Riley with Grandma Sheryl:
Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better first Christmas for our little girl. I can't wait to do this hectic day over and over again. We truly are blessed to be able to spend the holidays with all of our family.
Our Christmas present:

Tonight we are taking Riley to her second birthday party. Carter Coppola turns one today! I know she's going to take a long nap this afternoon so she can be rested for all of the hula dancing that she will be doing tonight! Happy Birthday, Carter!
No comments:
Post a Comment