Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Riley's Favorite Things

1. Her hands...Riley loves to suck on her hands. It's crazy to think of the determination that she has to suck on her hands. The saying "try, try again" is very fitting for this little girl. It doesn't matter how many times Brett or I pull her chapped hand out of her mouth...she's going to put them right back in - and look at you while she does it! It's like she's saying "WHAT? They're MY hands." I love that she has found her hands and that she realizes that she can move them. But, chapped hands are no fun either.

2. Baths. As I've said before, Riley loves her baths. Just last night she had fun in the tub. She kicks for a good ten seconds and then looks over at me and smiles. I love her!

3. Her Legs. Over the weekend Riley learned that her legs can make her stand up. It's her newest favorite thing to do. She locks her knees and peg legs are formed! She is able to hold her body weight for a good 2 minutes before sitting down. Sunday, she was cranky until I would help her stand up-then she was all smiles. What a little stinker.
4. TV! She will try turn her head 180 degrees just to look at the TV. She doesn't care what you watch, as long as it is on. I keep trying to put her in a position so that she has to roll over to see the TV. She hasn't fallen for it yet. She will just turn her head somehow so that she can see. Like I said, little stinker!

5. Flirting. Riley's a flirt. All weekend long she was flirting. I hear that she likes to flirt at daycare (Hedy's house) also. She is the only girl out of 5 so she gets lots of attention. She likes to look at you and then turn her head and smile. She's our little cutie!

I'm sure there are plenty more, but these are definitely her top five!

No comments: