Thursday, December 4, 2008

Riley's first Santa sighting.

We took Riley to see Santa with her cousins on Tuesday night. She did great. We weren't sure how it was going to go since she had been a little fussy before leaving Grandma and Grandpa Burch's house. She slept up until it was time to see Santa. She was so excited to see him that she spit up all over his suspenders and big belly! Here are some pictures of Riley, Kennedy, Addie and Santa!

Santa pretending to be asleep. I don't think that he realized that Riley was awake. :)

Riley and Santa again.

Santa, Riley, Addie, and Kennedy.

One last funny story:

Brett decided to have Rain Soft come to our our house last night and "test our water" aka try to sell us a water purifier. He told me that we were doing it so that we could get $500 in free groceries and it would only take from 6pm-7pm. So I agreed to go along with it. I have to admit, it was kind of interesting to see the difference in their water and ours. But, the crazy water lady wouldn't leave our house! It was going on 8pm and she kept trying to test our water. Meanwhile we had changed Riley's diaper, answered our phones twice, cooked dinner (she even gave us some of her purified water to use), and had Riley fall asleep in Brett's arms (she did offer to wait for us to put her down...nice water lady). Finally, Brett told her that we had seen enough of her testing and that it was way over the one hour that it was supposed to take. Here's where the story gets even funnier. She still wouldn't leave. After that she showed us two more tests. When we told her that we weren't going to buy anything she stopped to admire Sam, our cat, under the tree - I think to give us a break before trying one last pitch. Then we told her again that we weren't purchasing any of her products. She became angry and said, "Fine, I guess you will just have nasty water." By then, Brett had had enough and was getting angry so he replied "I guess we will, for now" - like that would sting her. If only you could have been there...

No comments: