Wednesday, May 4, 2011

37 Week Update

I hit the 37 week mark today.  I thought for sure that I would have a baby by now, but Harper is hanging tight still.  Now that she is considered full term from this point on I'm praying every night (morning, and day...but who's counting) that she decides to come join us on the outside.  I had my weekly doctor appointment yesterday and there is still no change.  If fate has anything to do with this pregnancy I think I'll have Harper next week while my parents are in California.  Yes, once again they are scheduled to be on vacation in California around my due date (I had Riley while they were in California in 2008).  I'm feeling a lot of pressure and have been pretty uncomfortable the past week or so.  I've been soaking in the tub the past few days to relieve some of the pain.  Riley's never seen me in her bathtub before so she thought it was pretty fun when she followed me up to her bathroom last night.  She was convinced that she was coming in with me...until the water was too hot.  So she spent the next 20 minutes "giving mommy a bath."  She tried to give me every toy that she could find and repeatedly dumped water on me.  She also took things away from me that I didn't need in the bathtub... I think she's proven over the past couple of weeks that she is prepared to be the boss of her little sister.  She's getting pretty good at telling all of her dolls/Mommy/Daddy what they need to be doing. I think life might get interesting in the next couple years when Miss Harper will have a mind of her own!

No comments: