Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Riley Nicole at 2 Years, 9 Months

Here we are again...another month closer to 3.  Riley continues to keep us on our toes and laughing. 

  • The last week or so she has wanted her daddy for everything.  I think she's resenting me for having a baby in my tummy and not being able to do as much with her.  She cries when it's my night to put her to bed because she wants her dad "to lay down by me."  She cried all the way to Hedy's this morning because she wanted her daddy.  She's said things like "I don't like you."  I'm not sure where she picked that up. I find myself constantly reminding myself that she's going through a huge transition and is anxious about all of the change - which she hates.  She is very routine oriented.
  • She's wearing size 2T and 3T pants and shorts and size 3T shirts.  Some of her jammies are 4T because all of the Disney jammies seem to run small.
  • She counted to 23 last night.
  • She wants nothing to do with going to school.  I keep talking to her about pre-school since we will look into this during the spring of next year or when she turns 4.  She also wants nothing to do with organized sports - although I think she'll love both once she's finally there.
  • She loves princesses.  Especially "Beauty."
  • We've already decided that she wants to have her birthday at the indoor water park at a local hotel with a Disney Princess theme.
  • She's very into movies lately.  Unfortunately, I have only bought her about 4 movies and we rely on our DVR to record movies on TV.  Her favorites include Princess and the Frog, Tarzan (her "baby/monkey movie"), Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Horton Hears a Who (her "elephant movie"), Ponyo (her very strange "fish movie"), Strawberry Shortcake, and of course Frosty the Snowman.
  • She picks up on everything that people say.  The other day there was a commercial on and the man said something about "there will be blood."  She said "Mommy, what the guy say on that movie?"  I said that I wasn't sure.  She said "there will be?" I answered with blood and she said "hmmm, maybe that guy need a band aid" and went on her business.
  • She won't touch your hand or sit on your lap if she thinks that you have an owie on it.  Brett had a blister on his hand from working in the basement and she refused to touch his hand or have him hold her for two days straight.
  • She hates to have dirty and/or wet clothes.  She will take them off immediately if she thinks they are dirty.  She often comes home from daycare in different pants because she gets her lunch on them and thinks she needs to change.
  • She loves water.  We've played in the sprinkler twice already this spring.
  • She still loves to swing.
  • She likes to ride her bike/trike.  She still can't reach the peddles on any of her toys because she has Mommy and Daddy's short legs.  I recently found a balance bike  on sale on Zulily and told her that she was going to get a new bike.  She asks about it every day.  Hopefully she will like it.  It doesn't have peddles so she will learn to balance on her own.  I figured she can't reach them anyway and we may be able to bypass training wheels so why not give it a try.  Daddy isn't completely sold on this idea.
  • She loves to play with her dolls and pretend that she's in charge.  She will feed them, change their diapers and clothes, but most often she takes things away from them for being naughty.  I think she's going to try to be the boss of her little sister.
  • She loves to eat "ice ceam cones" for her snack at night.  If she can't have ice cream she will always ask for cheese or popcorn.
  • She eats her vegetables best.  It's become more of a chore to get her to eat.  Most mornings she refuses to eat breakfast at Hedy's.
  • She loves milk.  She will usually only drink milk and water.  She will sometimes try a drink of lemonade and will say that she wants juice, but only drink a few sips before abandoning it.
  • She hasn't had an accident in forever and has helped our water bill increase by $15 - which totally outweighs the cost of diapers.  She still wears pull-ups to bed, but rarely has an accident.  She will usually wake up 1-2 times a night to go potty and most nights goes right back to bed.  She still needs help from Mommy and Daddy to wipe.  We'll usually hear her call our names in the middle of the night and she'll already have gone potty and needs help wiping and getting dressed. She will always cover her ears before flushing at night - but only at night.
  • She will keep band aids on for days if we let her.
  • She has the driest scalp I've ever seen.  I haven't found a remedy yet.  I've tried cradle cap lotion which just makes her hair greasy for two days.  I've tried Head and Shoulders 1-2 nights a week which just makes her scalp drier.  We've used Suave Free and Clear/no dye kids shampoo, Suave Hypoallergenic scented kids shampoo, Aveeno cream wash, and Aveeno soap for babies.  Any suggestions are welcomed!

No comments: