Wednesday, May 18, 2011
39 Week Update
I'm 39 Weeks today, and still going. But, there's an end in sight!!! I had an appointment this morning that proved to be a little more encouraging than the past few weeks. I've been prepared to have this baby for several weeks now, thinking that it could be any day. I decided to change up the doctor that I saw this week and I think it was the best thing I could have done. The doctor that I saw the past few weeks really didn't do anything. He checked me, checked the heart beat, and talked about the weather. That was it. Very generic and not informative at all. The doctor that I saw today tried to be a bit more encouraging and said that I was "soft, and a finger tip dilated." I guess that is progress from last week. He felt my stomach and estimated that Harper is probably weighing in around 6 - 6 1/2 pounds. He thought that her head felt a little large...but didn't seem concerned by this. He said that he hoped to have me deliver before Memorial Day weekend which made me happy considering that's next week. :) I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday morning that will help the Dr. decide what to do at my appointment on Wednesday...that's if I don't have Harper before then. So, stay tuned. It really could be any day now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jenny! I can't believe you've made it to 39 weeks. Have the last few weeks been agonizing??? Wishing you lots of luck and love!!!!
We missed the Murphy family last weekend!!!
Post a Comment