- Riley pouts the minute that she is told no. She will walk away with her head down, hold her hands out in front of her like they are hurt, and/or, cry. She will cry for up to 30 minutes sometimes.
- She will choose (willingly) to go to timeout over doing something that she's been asked or told to do. For example, I wanted her to eat more for dinner and told her that she had to eat two more bites of meat. After ignoring me a couple times I told her that she would go to timeout if she didn't take a bite before I counted to three. Before I even counted she starts to get down and said "ok...timeout..." and walked to our usual timeout spot.
- She likes to pick out her own clothes and usually does a better job than Daddy in the morning. Sometimes if you get a shirt and she decides she wants to wear it, but doesn't get to get it out of her drawer she will pout (which will most likely include crying).
- She still loves to swing and always wants to be outside when she sees our neighbor boys "Gabin (Gavin) and his baby."
- She loves to wear her raincoat and asks to wear it almost every day.
- She is soooo excited to be a big sister. She loves to kiss my bell and say "Hi baby Popper. I can't wait to meet you!"
- She loves to play in the baby's room and is always asking us to go upstairs.
- I think I've answered her "why?" questions too much with "because that's the rules." Now she will say she needs to do something "because that's just my rules."
- Her favorite toys include: dolls and their accessories, balls, bubbles, books, Hi-Lights Magazine, movies.
- She broke out in a rash two weeks ago and the doctor prescribed her medicine for strep throat. Her rash has turned into eczema and we are still fighting to get her soft skin back.
- She got some hand me downs from her two cousins. Every night she has worn her "old" pajamas. I kept asking her if she wanted to wear her new pajamas from Kennedy and Addie and she insisted that they are her "old" jammies!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Riley Nicole At 2 Years, 8 Months
Riley continues to show more and more sass as she gets older. I think we're going to have our hands full with two little girls in our house! Here are just a few things that we've seen develop over the past month:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment