Wednesday, April 27, 2011

36 Week Baby Update

We made it!!  We had our weekly OB appointment yesterday afternoon.  I have to say that I hate going to a large OBGYN practice.  They never know what is going on.  I thought that for sure there would be something in my file saying that we had been in the hospital with contractions over the weekend, but the doctor knew nothing.  We filled him in on the situation and he said that now that I'm 36 weeks they won't stop my contractions again.  He said that we should head to the hospital if I'm having 6 or more contractions an hour for 2 consecutive hours.  I'm still not dilated, but I sure can feel the baby sitting on my pelvic bone!  Since I'm at 36 weeks and the doctor really had no idea what was going on my restrictions have been lifted.  Riley is very happy that Mommy's tummy and back aren't hurting her anymore.  She has been asking me almost every time I get up or do something if my tummy or back is hurting.  Last night I went on a cleaning mission: three loads of laundry, bedrooms picked up, and dishes.  Every morning I wake up thinking "this is the day."  I've been tracking my contractions and they continue to be pretty sporadic.  But, I don't think it'll be long before we are a family of 4.  I wish that I had a belly picture since I've never been pregnant at 36 weeks, but I don't.  Maybe our next entry we'll be introducing Harper Grace Murphy!

No comments: