Sunday, April 5, 2009

Updates Updates Updates


I never posted how Riley did with crying it out. Well, she did great. She really only cried for one or two nights. Then she was out within 5 minutes of "talking" to herself. We are so glad that she is putting herself to sleep. We are able to enjoy more time together in the evenings, instead of trying to put Riley to sleep for an hour. It wasn't fun listening to her crying, but it was so worth it!

Riley has had some more firsts:
  • She is rolling all over the place. She finally started rolling from back to front! Now she rolls from tummy to back and back to tummy over and over.
  • She is starting to scoot herself all over. She would much rather be on the move than sitting still. She'll be crawling before we know it.
  • Riley tried yogurt and loved it. However, she had a reaction to it and we can no longer feed it to her. :( Riley has dry skin, but her eczema flared up and she had little red dots on her back and tummy. We bought the YoBaby yogurt that is made with whole milk fat so now we have that sitting in our fridge. Brett won't let me buy anymore adult yogurt because we "have a ton already in the fridge". Looks like I'll be eating YoBaby for the next week or so.
  • Oatmeal. Riley didn't do so hot when trying the rice cereal so we tried oatmeal instead. With the cereal Riley almost immediately broke out in little red dots - almost like a heat rash. We stopped the oatmeal when we stopped the yogurt just to make sure that it wasn't contributing to the break outs. We reintroduced it and she did just fine and loved it all over again.
  • PUFFS! Riley loves puffs. Being the paranoid mom that I am she was only allowed 1/2 a puff at a time. Just this weekend did I let her have a WHOLE one at a time. She loves them. Surprising how she can actually pick them up and feed them to herself when mom doesn't make them microscopic! So far she's tried the apple strawberry flavor at home. It's so cute to watch her sit in her highchair chomping away.
  • Rolling away when changing her diaper. It is harder than ever to keep her still when changing her diaper. I'm sure it will only get worse in the next couple months!
  • New foods: Mango, blueberries, ham (jarred - yuck), pork chop, beef (jarred - yuck), kiwi, zucchini. Blueberries=lots of black poopy diapers! We now have to just mix a little in with another fruit. Riley loves everything except the jarred meats. I don't blame her - they are horrible. We bought jarred just for her to try and make sure there weren't any allergies. I only made her take a couple bites before throwing it out. Now that I know she can handle the meat we will make it ourselves.
  • Fake laughing - Riley is constantly going "huh,huh" and looking for your reaction. I always play into it and mock her noises. It a fun little game that is never ending. She truly is a laugher and it doesn't take much for her to get going! I hope that she is always this cheerful!
  • Swimming. I know this isn't new but she is such a good little waterbaby. This week she wasn't the only baby loving the water so that was refreshing. She is such a kicker (as soon as she gets over the shock of the cold water). The instructor told us this week that she was a future swim teamer. Ever since we started swimming lessons Riley hasn't liked her baths as much. I'm not too sure why, but I think she'd rather take a bath in the pool.

So, as you can see Riley has been changing and growing so much. She's had a clogged runny nose for a week and a half now. I thought that this might be related to an allergy, but it still didn't go away after stopping the yogurt. Riley has a doctor's appointment on Tuesday so I'm going to ask about allergy testing. When we called we were told that she was too young for testing. Oh, and still no teeth. How torturing. I could have sworn they were going to come in last week. Looks like they are giving her a break so that she can have a clogged runny nose for awhile. Ugh! Lastly, here are some pictures of Daddy reading to Riley at bedtime.


No comments: