Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally...A Tooth!

Riley had a bit of a rough weekend! She had a runny nose/congestion followed up with projectile vomiting! Gross, I know! We think that she had drainage from the nose causing the upchuckdeboogie. Riley didn't cry or become fussy. I yelled for Brett to come upstairs and help and she just smiled at her Daddy like "Hi, Dad. I just puked all over myself and Mom. How do I look?" It was pretty comical until she coughed and gagged herself four more times that night. We called the on call doc who responded with "Well, what do you think? Does she need to be seen?" Brett was a bit ticked after that and called our doc on his cell (thankfully he is Brett's Godfather). We gave her some pedialite and propped her up to sleep. Monday morning Riley wouldn't eat her breakfast and was coughing. We decided that we better take her in to see Dr. Fred. While in the doctor's office I felt her first tooth popping through the gum. We are still waiting to really "see" it. Turns out that she had an ear infection. We think she just vomited from the drainage from her nose. Dr. Fred also pointed out that she has "some protection" from the swine flu since she had the flu shot and booster this year. That's comforting. :)

Still no crawling, but she is sooo close. She rolls to get whatever she wants. She is able to push herself backward. She hasn't quite figured out how to stay on her knees to crawl. She likes to push up onto her hands and toes. She doesn't really know what to do once she gets there. Hopefully we'll have a crawler soon!

We are taking Riley to her first Circus ever on Sunday. I can't wait to see her reactions. She LOVES animals. It is so funny to watch her around our cat, Sam. Every morning she comes downstairs with Daddy and looks for Sam on the floor or bench in the front room. When she sees him she makes her crazy excited noise. It really is just a noise, I don't think that I can call it a giggle. I'll post some pictures when I have some.

No comments: