Riley is starting to pick up on lots of things going on around her. For example, out of the blue she started shaking her head from left to right...kind of like "no,no,no,no." The first couple of times we laughed because it really does look funny. But after the 20Th time in one day we started to think "what is this crazy child of ours doing??" Being the over reactive mother that I am I automatically thought "crap, she's autistic." I see the signs of autism all too often in my line of work. Then I thought about it a minute and she obviously isn't autistic...she looks at people, likes many toys, focuses on people speaking to her, smiles...Seriously Jenny. I asked Hedy about it on Monday and turns out all the boys will sometimes shake their heads and scream when they are at the table for lunch. Crazy kids. She's just trying to be one of the boys.
We finally lowered Riley's crib a notch and put the bumper back on. She's never slept in her crib with a bumper until now. I wish we would have put it in sooner because she sleep so well with it in there. She's finally sleeping through the night consistently!!! Yay, for sleep. Oddly, I find myself yawning more now that I'm actually getting sleep. Brett is constantly yawning because he's the nervous parent that checks on her 4-5 times a night because he "can't hear her." More power to him; I'll sleep.
Riley will be crawling soon. She is brave enough to move herself from sitting to all fours. She still hasn't quite figured out what to do next. She's really good at pushing herself backward. Soon enough she'll be crawling all over the place and we'll be chasing her! Now we have to get all of the safety stuff set up and Brett has a new deadline to finish some of the projects at home!
Now that the weather is getting nicer we have so many upcoming activities:
- Softball on Fridays (this I am indifferent about - every Friday is a bit much and most of the games are after Riley's bedtime)
- The Circus
- Walks
- A night out for Mom and Dad with friends (Sadly, we are celebrating our friends Mike and Amy's last week in DM - they leave to travel the county as Mike does his rotations for med school - we will miss them!)
- Our 2 year anniversary
Now, here are a couple extra pictures to enjoy!
"Whoa! So that's what a fan does!":
Helping Mom with laundry:
1 comment:
Jenny-
Riley is growing into a little girl! I love getting to see her and Macy keeps calling everybaby "Riley". This is a bit offensive to the new baby Donnenwerth:)
Post a Comment