Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Swimming Lessons!

Riley had her first swimming lesson last night at the YMCA. She is in a class called Waterbabies I with 11 other babies. I have to say she was by far the happiest baby to be in the pool last night. I think at least 6 of the other babies were crying for the majority of the class. We sang songs, splashed, sprinkled water over Riley, floated, and moved through the water. Riley was a kicking fool. She loves to kick! She took a couple face dives into the pool and wasn't too sure about it, but still managed to love the water. Before class she was mesmerized by the swim team practice and all the waves of the pool. She just kept staring into the pool, bouncing on my lap, and smiling. She was exhausted by the end of the class and slept very well for Mommy and Daddy last night! Here are a few pictures:

Brett did participate in the lesson, but I made him jump out and take some pictures before we got out of the pool. I'll be sure to get some pictures of him with Riley next week!

Riley had some more firsts over the last week. She tried meat for the very first time. I cooked a pork chop in the crock pot and pureed it with some apple juice and apples. She wasn't so sure about the texture, but loved the taste. Here she is trying it for the first time:

Lastly, Riley rolled from back to tummy for the first, second, and third time last night. She is growing up so fast! Crawling next??

No comments: