Riley and her lip biting:
On to brighter topics...the weather has been beautiful here the last couple of days and we tried to enjoy as much of it as we could. Saturday we took a walk to the park again. It was a little windier than I thought so it was a short trip, but we still had fun. Once again, Riley loved swinging at the park. And, since it was a bright and sunny day she got to sport her stylish sunglasses that my friend, Sarah, bought for her! I'm sorry to say that she has been blessed with my eyes and extremely thin nose so they are a bit large. (for those of you that don't know...my face is extremely thin and I can only wear kids glasses...sad).
Mommy and Riley swinging:
Some more firsts to cross off the list:
- Plums. Riley tried plums for the first time this weekend. Brett and I both thought they were a bit tart, but Riley loved them. Although, she did squint her face up when she first tried them, but it didn't take long for her to ask for more.
- Big girl bath. We tried bathing Riley in the big tub and she did great. We were afraid that she might fall over into the water or fight laying back in the water. She didn't do either. She loved having all the room to kick and play in the water. I think the infant tub will retire itself to the basement along with her swing! I'm so excited to get the swing out of our living room and free up some much needed space!
- Pushing herself into a crawl position. She only did this once and it was with help, but it still counts. She was able to hold herself in the position for a little while, and then Lazy Riley came back. We keep practicing.
One last thing...Riley starts swimming lessons in a week! I'm so excited. I think that she'll love it. We were able to sign her up through the YMCA. They are at 7pm which is about when we feed her her last bottle and get ready for bed. Hopefully we can push it up a little bit and she's not too cranky. But, we'll never know if we don't try. I'm sure I'll have a ton of cute photos to post next week! I found her the cutest tankini. It's turquoise, green, and yellow striped and has yellow and white flowers on the side. It's a little big yet, but she still looks so cute in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment