- Favorite phrases: "I see bus." "I saw bus." "I see...(insert anything)." "Doe, Doe" (No, no). "Get, down." - anytime Sam is on the counter or table. "Bless you" - she says this anytime someone sneezes. It's usually delayed by a couple seconds, but never prompted. So funny!
- She still mixes up yes and no. She'll usually repond by saying yes, but shaking her head no. Often times whatever direction her head shakes is what she really means.
- She is 22 lbs.
- She is going gangster in size 2T spring/summer clothes. 18 month fits perfectly, but soon enough she'll be fitting perfectly in 2T. She still wears 18 month jeans, which are just the right length.
- She loves shoes. We sometimes let her pick out her shoes. She is still wearing size 4 shoes. Her sandals are size 5 since we can adjust the backs and tops.
- She is speaking so much more, but still tries to point and whine to get what she wants. She will repeat words if you ask now. I like to get her to say: Have a nice day. Usually she'll humor me. She also will say the days of the week. The other day we were in the car and she kept saying "satday" over and over. So, I had her repeat all of the days and she did a pretty good job!
- She points out every "wa, wa" (water fountain), bus, and slide that we see.
- She wants to be outside every waking moment of the day. I love that she loves the outdoors, but dread the fit she throws every time we have to head inside.
- She eats best when we're at home. It's really hard to get her to eat when we're out and about. It will be interesting to see how she does when we're in DC next week (yay, I'm soooo excited to go to DC!)
- She still prefers to watch Backyardigans, but also likes Mickey Mouse, Elmo, and Wonder Pets.
- She'll raise the roof when asked too. She has also improved her dancing skills by raising the roof and bending her knees simultaneously. No longer does she just rock back and forth with stiff legs!
- She's started a new habit of chewing on Bunny's ear. I know, it's really gross. Especially when you pick bunny up and he's crunchy! Yuck.
- Her hair continues to grow. Now that she's outside a lot it curls up at the bottom.
- We've started sitting on the potty before and/or after baths. So far, we've only gotten toots. Which she is very proud of.
- She loves her babies and loves to help out with the baby at daycare.
- She has started to gallop. I'm not sure really what it should be called, but gallop is close enough. She can't just run now, it has to be prancing. Maybe prance is a better descriptive. Either way, it's really funny and she thinks she's awfully cute.
- She loves singing! It's the cutest thing to listen to her sing along. Most of it you can't understand, but she's always right on track with e-i-e-i.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Riley Nicole At 1 Year, 8 Months
It's that time again. Miss Riley is another month older. She is definitely a sassy little thing these days! I find myself just sitting there, mouth closed, telling myself to breathe quite often! Here's just a glimpse:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment