Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just A Little Brag

The other night when I picked Riley up from Hedy's (our beloved daycare lady) she was watching a video that helps children learn their letters and the sounds they make.  Hedy informed me that Riley knows most of the letter's sounds. I thought maybe she was hearing the other kids say them thinking it was Riley.  I mean, seriously, this coming from my daughter? The same daughter who only says "hi, mama, daddy, go, ball, ta-da (yes, this counts), hot, back, and a few other words I'm missing?" The daughter who toots, points to her tush and says "ooo" and then giggles?  The one who answers yes to any question if you nod your head yes? Answers no to any question if you nod your head no?  Yes folks, its true.  Miss Riley Nicole knows some of the alphabet's sounds.  I tested her right there on the spot and she knew the sounds for a, b, c, and d!  I had no idea.  I keep quizing her in the car and at home. She prefers to answer "ba," "da," "aa," and "t" to every letter.  So maybe she only those few.  But holy cow was I surprised!  I guess she's really starting to grow up.  What do you think she learned today at Hedy's?

No comments: