Things have been crazy around the Murphy household the past couple weeks as we've been preparing for Christmas.
We baked some Christmas cookies while we were snowed in during the blizzard. Riley loved helping with the cookies for the first 5 minutes, then she was off running around the house.
We are finally done with all of our shopping. I have just a couple gifts to complete. Yes, I'm actually going to attempt to make a couple gifts. Hopefully they turn out as cute as I hope! Riley and I worked on wrapping some of the last gifts last night. I wrapped and she played with the bows and put the presents under the tree. She loved helping with this. The first couple of gifts ended up IN the tree, but after showing her they belong UNDER the tree she put them all in the right spot!
We attended cousin Addie's Christmas program at pre-school. Addie did a great job and sung every song! Riley loved watching the kids sing and danced along with them. She loved even more that she was able to play with Kennedy and Addie after the program.
We took the longest trip ever through Jolly Holiday Lights. We turned Riley's seat to front facing and packed Daddy's car with Grandma and Grandpa Burch. We made the mistake of going at 7pm on Saturday night. Riley spent the first hour of the trip mesmerized by the idea that she could actually see what was going on and look out the window. The second hour and a half (yes, the trip took 2 1/2 hours) she had fun playing with Mommy and Grandma in the back seat. She liked looking at some of the lights and really loved going through the "tunnels." Everyone else in the car was in agreement that it might be their first and last trip through Jolly Holiday Lights!
We hung our ornaments from Grandma and Grandpa Murphy. Grandma Murphy was actually able to find ornaments with all of our names on them. I was quite surprised to find one with Riley, but love that they are on our tree!
Here is our little Riley Claus:





No comments:
Post a Comment