Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Indoor Soccer

I had my first indoor soccer game of the season last night.  I was a bit nervous walking into it since I haven't played since 2007!  I didn't know if I'd even be able to kick a ball while running, let alone run for more than 30 seconds.  I have to say I surprised myself last night.  I played decently and even scored a goal!  It was nice to see all of the ladies my teammates again (am I officially old once I start calling my teammates "ladies"?).  Here are some things I need to improve on:
  • Be able to stay on the field longer than 2-3 minutes.
  • Gain some lung capacity.  I think it's a bad sign when I'm still coughing from lack of oxygen the following day!
  • Not kick the ball into someone's head two times in one minute.  Yes, I really did that last night.  Really felt bad about it too. So, I need to regain some ball control!
  • Must remember to bring water next week.
  • Quit using the excuse that I have a kid now.  Half the women on my team have kids!
Hopefully next Monday will be a bit better.  Riley wasn't able to come last night since we didn't play until 9.  But, we have a 7 pm game coming up in the next few weeks that we plan to take her to.  I'm excited to see her there and see her reaction to all of the action!

No comments: