Monday, November 2, 2009

Home Improvement Pictures

So, here they are.  I finally remembered to take pictures of all of the improvements we've done since summer.  I wrote this post on Home Improvements back in September. Now in November, here are the pictures to prove it!

First, the outside.
We moved these spiral trees from the front of the house to the back around our deck.  We also moved all of the 5 tons of rock from the front yard to the back!  We planted some spireas, but as you can see they aren't growing.  Hopefully next year they will be full and beautiful!

Then, we planted in front of the house.  These plants are in fall mode.  Hopefully they survive the winter and this spring they will be full of color again!

We finally removed the pea pod from the front of our yard.  When we moved in this area was a "planter" full of weeds!  Now we have beautiful green grass and a clear view of the house.  Now all we need to do is make the rest of the yard match!

Then we planted aournd our dying tree.

We replaced all of our lights.  The old ones were rusted shut so we went without house lights for a year.


Now inside.  Here is our freshly painted black door with a new knocker.  This door used to be purple! 


We hung these pictures in the front room:

And hung this mirror in the dining room:

We finally (just yesterday) replaced our sprayer at the sink.  Our last one leaked and we weren't able to use it.  I didn't know how much I missed it until we had a working one!

And lastly, we replaced the flooring in our bathrooms and painted our shelving unit in the master.  Yes, I know.  I need to put pircures in those frames!!


So, there you have it.  We've been busy at the Murphy house.  Next on the list:  finishing the basement, new windows, and new siding!  Sounds like a lot of work.

No comments: