Monday, August 10, 2009

Riley's Birthday Week

OK, so I've been so excited for Riley's birthday on Saturday and busy planning the best party ever that I've kind of been overlooking my own. I'm going to be 27 on Wednesday! I'm sure this is how it will be for the rest of my life! :) Anyway, thanks to my mom and husband for trying to make it special. We are having a BBQ on Wednesday and Brett is trying to plan a night out for the two of us. So, Riley will truly be having a week full of birthday fun!

Saturday we started her Birthday Week off with some one year pictures at Portrait Innovations. Like always we walked out of there with 7 poses and way too many pictures. Riley decided to hit herself in the eye on Friday so in some of them she has a black eye. Overall, we were happy with how they turned out. In her jeans outfit she looks so tiny! She is wearing 12 month jeans. I tried them on her inside of Target and said "oh these fit perfectly!" Saturday morning Brett thought I was nuts because they are clearly way too big! They still turned out cute.

Sunday after weathering the storm and finishing nearly all of our landscaping projects we went to visit grandma and Grandpa Burch. Grandma just had to give Riley one her presents while we were there - her very first baby doll! She loves it! Last night we were playing before bed and I told her to go find her baby. She stood up and walked right over to her (yes, that's right - walked!), grabbed her, and gave her a "kiss." Here's Grandma, Riley, and Baby Doll!

1 comment:

Amy D said...

I LOVE her pictures!!! She is beautiful! Good family pics, too!!! Good choice on the brown:)
Happy Birthday!!!!