Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One Year Ago

...I wrote this on my babysite...

"SWOLLEN
8/1/09

I thought that I was going to get through most of this pregnancy without swelling up like a balloon...I was wrong. The heat we've had the past few days has not been kind to my body! My hands, wrists, ankles, feet, and face are so swollen. It's almost painful to bend my fingers because of the swelling. We only have seven weeks left of this pregnancy and then we'll get to finally meet Riley!"

So, reading this really made me think about life back then. And oh my, the swelling, was not a joke! I'll find some pictures that were taken a couple days before Riley was born and post them. But in the meantime, check out this one!

A couple days later I wrote this:

"9th Appointment...We're Nearing the End!
8/8/08

We went back to the doctor on Wednesday for our 33/34 week checkup. Everything went fine. I had a list of questions, and of course, everything that I'm feeling is normal. :) Riley's heartbeat was at 140 which is good. The doctor didn't seem to think that my swelling was too bad - so maybe I'm just a wuss! We go back to the doctor on the 21st to get checked again to see if I've begun to dilate and take the strep b test.

I called the doctor's office yesterday because I had a couple concerns. They informed me that they thought that with everything I was experiencing that I would be going into labor in the next few weeks. Hopefully Riley will wait it out so that we can get settled into our new house!

I haven't been able to feel Riley move as much lately because she's "dropped." The nurse assured me that this is all normal. Thanks to some good friends we've been listening to Riley's heartbeat at home with a fetal monitor.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted if anything changes before our next appointment. It's hard to believe that we're going to have an addition to our family in less than 6 weeks!"

As you know, the nurse was right...I had Riley 7 days later! We didn't make it to our next appointment, we didn't get settled into our new house, and just barely made it out of our townhouse in time! It's funny looking back on these old journals and remembering how our life was then - chaotic. Here's what I looked like back then (notice how my backside grew as much as my belly...not cool):

No comments: