Friday, February 13, 2009

RSV

We took Riley to see Dr. Fred this morning. She was supposed to go in on the 16Th for her 6 month check and immunization update, but we had to push it up. A couple days ago she started showing signs of congestion. The last few nights have been rough as she hasn't slept well at all. This morning Riley woke up with a cough. Poor baby. I decided that we needed to get her in to see the doc sooner than Monday. I didn't want to have another situation where our only option was to take her to the ER. Last time we did that it was a horrible experience for Riley and Mommy and Daddy. I thought that it would be a sinus infection or something treatable with antibiotics. Nope. RSV. Whenever I hear RSV I automatically think hospital. All too often I hear of babies getting RSV and spending a few days in the hospital. Luckily Riley isn't bad enough to need to be hospitalized. But, Dr. Fred did say that she will most likely get worse for a couple days before she gets any better. I'm just thankful that it's Friday so I don't have to worry about missing work to be with my sick baby (the running joke at Link is that I have -.03 hours of PTO due to maternity leave. How does that work?). So, I guess we just wait it out and keep her as comfortable as we can. So far, tonight has not been fun for Riley. She's very whiny, congested with a runny nose, and coughing more than I've ever heard. To top it off, she is definitely teething. Poor baby. Keep Riley in your prayers over the next couple of days. I know we'll do a great job of playing the overprotective parents!

No comments: