It's amazing to think that she has grown 3 times her birth weight in these first 5 months. I think it's fair to say that she is an amazing baby! I would say that she has been pretty consistent with meeting her milestones in line with my original due date. Right now, we're working on sitting up without help and rolling over. She's so close to sitting on her own. I think she'll have it down in a week or two. Now, rolling over is different story. Ever since she learned that she can sit or stand she's decided that laying down (or rolling over) is for babies! I haven't told her yet, but she is a baby and she will continue to work on rolling over!
Just yesterday, we started really feeding Riley solids. We tried feeding her rice cereal on several other occasions (even though Dr. Fred said to wait until she was able to sit up) and she absolutely hated it. So, we waited a couple weeks and tried again. I made homemade applesauce and bananas. We tried the applesauce and rice cereal again. She loved it. We tried it again this morning and noticed that she broke out in a little rash on her face, head, neck, tummy, and arms. This evening when we tried solids again I left out the applesauce to see if it could have caused the rash. Nope, she still broke out in the rash. So, my only guess is that it's the rice cereal...but I'm confused, because this didn't happen before when we tried the rice cereal. Oh well, we'll be waiting a few days to rule out any other factors. A couple months ago the same thing happened when we were using baby soap with perfume in it. We changed to hypoallergenic and she's been fine ever since. I guess we just have a sensitive baby.
Here she is after eating cereal and applesauce:
Here is Riley bundling up for the coldest day in over ten years (the 15th):
No comments:
Post a Comment