
Riley loves to eat fruits and veggies! I think that she is finally understanding how to eat from a spoon. She's been leaning forward trying to get to the spoon faster. Last night she was trying to grab the bowl and spoon from me. So far she has tried applesauce, sweet potatoes, and squash. We are going to introduce pears and peaches next. Then we'll look at peas and beans. I've been able to make all of her foods myself and love it. It is a great way to save money and know exactly what I'm feeding my little girl. I bought two pears and it made 6 2 oz servings. 1/2 of a butternut squash made 10 2 oz servings! Two sweet potatoes made 8 2 oz servings. My only concern is that there is no rhyme or reason to how I'm introducing Riley's foods. I've heard to introduce green veggies first (screwed that one up already), but I've also heard to introduce sweeter veggies first since breast milk is supposed to be very sweet. I guess that I've stuck to the sweeter veggies. Hopefully I haven't screwed my child up completely! I plan to get my hands on a book this weekend.
My homemade sweet potatoes:

MMMMM:


Eating applesauce at Grandma and Grandpa Burch's:
No comments:
Post a Comment