Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Riley's Chore Chart

I've been talking with Riley the past few weeks about how we are going to start a chore chart for her to do every day now that she is 4 years old.  She is getting to the age that she is old enough to help out with a few things and she really needs to learn some responsibility.  Brett and I talked and we chose a couple things to make her feel important and a couple simple tasks that she was starting to fight us on. The list includes: brushing her teeth, feeding the cat, putting her clothes in her hamper, and picking up her toys.  I was going to make a cute little chart with stickers for her to use to mark off her chores, but she beat me to the punch.  This weekend she made her very own chore chart.  For the time being it works perfectly.  Every morning she looks at it and says "ok, I need to feed the cat."  It is cute to see her taking such pride in a simple task that really helps us out.  I still intend to make a sticker chart, but until that happens she will be using hers....

No comments: