Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Harper Grace: 15 Months Old

Harper is 15 months old. It seems like I was just writing a post that she was 14 months old. Soon she won't be the baby of the family. I have been finding myself holding her longer at night before bed and hugging her more because of that.  It makes me sad to think that she has only had limited time as our baby of the family. But I know she will do great as a big sister to a little brother. Here is what she's been up to the past month.
  • She continues to be as spunky as ever. As my Grandma Consolver always said she is "full of piss and vinegar." She knows what she wants and she is determined to get it that very second. 
  • She is a climber.  She climbs on everything. Turn your back for 10 seconds and she is standing on the top of the kitchen table.
  • She is a lover.  She loves to hug, cuddle, and to be held.
  • She continues to suck her fingers.  I wish I wouldn't have ever given up on the paci...it's so much easier to break!
  • Her hair is still light brown and is growing like crazy.  We'll probably need to take her in to see Aunt Bev in a couple months for her first hair cut.
  • She loves the cat!
  • She loves her big sister.  She will sit and listen to anything that Riley says (which Riley loves since she always wants to be in charge).
  • Every morning Riley climbs into her crib when she hears Harper making noise.  Harper loves this.
  • She loves to hold stuffed animals or dolls in her arm, just under her chin.
  • She is wearing size 3, almost 4 shoes. Size 4 diapers. 12mth clothes.
  • She still only has 4 (!) teeth.  I keep looking and swearing that I see the signs of more teeth coming, but they have yet to pop through.  At this age, Riley had 12 teeth.
  • Words: ilk, dad, ta-da, mama, moo, baa.  She is answering most questions by shaking her head yes or no.
  • She loves to spin in circles.
  • She loves music and loves to dance.  She knows the motions to wheels on the bus and will sing "baa, baa, baa, baa, baa" through the whole song of Baa Baa Black Sheep.
  • She loves books and is constantly bringing them to us to read.  She insists that you read them or throws a fit. 
  • She is trying to copy her sister and tries to do somersaults.  She's about half way there.

No comments: