Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Riley Nicole At 2 1/2

Today is Riley's half birthday.  She has no clue, but I'll celebrate for her by writing about her today.  As Brett said last night "I think that she just keeps getting cuter every day!"

  • She is still wearing the same size clothes and shoes.  It seems that she has grown some and her jeans are fitting here perfectly in length.
  • She has found a couple new favorite shows...Max and Ruby and her Leap Frog videos (Especially Numbers Ahoy).  I will say that she seems to recognize her letters better and is counting much better as well!  She likes to watch them in "Mommy's bed." 
  • Her new favorite line that she says with a nod and a finger in the air: "Just one more ____ Mom." Insert movie, book, or show.
  • We've officially experienced the scariest moment in Riley's life.  Riley flipped head first out of a shopping cart while at Costco a week ago.  Literally head first onto her back on the concrete outside of Costco.  Lesson to all the parents out there...never let your kid stand/sit in the back of the cart...even if they scream and cry.  We thought we were avoiding a meltdown, but I drove away thanking God we weren't leaving with a brain injured toddler.
  • We've officially experienced the grosses moments in Riley's life.  Riley came down with the flu last Thursday...while we were in a Mexican restaurant.  Our food had just come and Riley asked me to hold her.  While I was getting her out of her chair she tossed her cookies. Thankfully it was mostly on the floor and me.  We took our meals home and apologized several times to the poor waitress who had to clean up our mess.  She went on to puke another 7 times at home.  Not fun!  Thankfully it was over at 1 am and we have cleaned every floor, couch, and bed in the house.
  • She is very opinionated about what her baby's name is going to be.  She likes one specific name (which happens to be the name we are going with) and can't for the life of her pronounce it.  I'll reveal the name when we have finally picked a middle name.  Hopefully soon.  I'm getting anxious to get everything ready for her...including her name.  So, here's a sneak peak: Riley's little sister will be called "Popper" by her big sister until she can finally pronounce it right.
  • Last night I commented on her tummy being full.  She stuck her tummy out and said "there's my baby in there."
  • Favorite toy: balls, dolls, books, paint, play doh, silly putty.
  • Favorite veggie: Red/Yellow Peppers, cucumber, broccoli.
  • Favorite fruit: Mandarin oranges, apple sauce, blue berries, bananas (only if she can have a whole one).
  • Favorite snack: String cheese, popcorn, marshmallows
  • Favorite meal: Pizza, mac and cheese, soup, pasta
  • Favorite color: blue, purple
  • My favorite things she says..."Come here little buddy (to Sam, toys, or balls)" "Just one more Mom!" "Um...I don't think so..."
She is so full of personality and we love her to pieces!  Brett and I agree that she may be trouble in a few years.  She is so quick on her feet and always has something funny to say!

No comments: