Thursday, February 3, 2011

24 Week Update

I'm officially 24 weeks along in this pregnancy today.  Here's a few things to note:
  • I'm tired.  Really, really tired.  I haven't been feeling the greatest, even though I've been lucky enough to steer clear of all the winter sickness floating around.  I'm not sure what it is.
  • Brett gave me my first at-home progesterone shot.  Since my insurance isn't covering the cost of the injections at the doctor's office and they are $25 a pop, it's a must.  Surprisingly he did great and it wasn't much different than the nurse.  It's nice to not have to fit in one more appointment each week!
  • Everything seems to be just about the same as when I was pregnant with Riley.
  • We are having a much harder time naming this little girl than we did with Riley. We had Riley's name picked out super early.  This time around we can't seem to find the perfect name. I think it's harder picking out a second girl name.  We were pretty certain on a boy's name, but hadn't spent much time on deciding on a girl's name.  Riley is very open about telling us if she likes or dislikes certain names.  Right now she likes one of the names we like and doesn't like the other.
  • The swelling has started already.  Not very bad, but I can see the swelling immediately when I take my socks off.  With Riley I was super swollen around 30 weeks.
  • I lost my motivation to work out.  It's been two weeks.  Hopefully motivation will come back soon!
  • My weight gain is about the same as with Riley, only 5 pounds less.
  • My next appointment is on the 10th and I have to do my glucose screening.  Hopefully my daily intake of chocolate hasn't effected me!
  • We haven't made any progress on the nursery.  We are thinking about doing pink and brown.  But, we haven't even really looked into it yet.  We're hoping to get started on that in the next few weeks.
  • I have felt a couple braxton hicks contractions, which I don't remember feeling this early with Riley.
  • Overall, things are going well.  Now I'm just trying to find the energy to make it through the next 3-3/12 months! 

No comments: