Over the weekend I worked with my new sewing machine. Brett gave me a sewing machine for my birthday last month and I haven't really had a chance to use it - other than learning to thread the bobbin and needle. This Sunday I took some time out of the day to make a couple things out of some remnants that I picked up at Hancock Fabrics. First up, a pillow case. I let Riley pick between two fleece remnants. Brett wasn't too sure about my sewing skills (that are circa 8th grade home ec. class!). I didn't measure "correctly, with a ruler," cut straight, or use pins. I did wash may fabric before beginning and used the iron to make my folds crisp. I used Riley's tinker pillow as my "ruler." I totally set the pillow right on top of the fabric, wrapped it to cover both sides, and gave my self an extra couple inches and called it good. To Brett's surprise it worked! And it even looked cute! We'll see if it is still sewn together in a couple weeks. I'm not sure that I secured the end of the threads correctly... Here's the finished project:
Riley LOVES it!
My current work station.
I'm working on my next project. I'm one test run down. Now I just need to purchase my materials. I'll do another post on that project!




No comments:
Post a Comment