I've been missing for a few weeks. Sorry! It's been crazy around our house (and mommy's work) so I put blogging to the bottom of my to-do list. BUT...I think I'm back! Lets start with Riley's HIVES:
Sunday the 25th I put Riley in her chair to eat breakfast and within 2 minutes she was hitting her foot on the chair saying "owie" over and over. I automatically thought (and said) "well, quit kicking the chair." I took her out of her chair to check her foot and noticed that it was bright red. Then looked at her leg...bright red with red splotches. Took her diaper and shirt off; same thing. Imagine this...everywhere.
Her tush was the worst. Poor baby. Brett and I automatically went into panic mode. Like debating on whether or not we needed to take her to the ER. Thankfully Brett has the doctor (his Godfather) on speed dial. After talking with him and wracking our brain for anything new that she could have been exposed to I put Riley in a baking soda filled bath while Brett ran to the store to pick up some Benadryl and calamine lotion. Don't tell the doc, but in the panic of things, Brett accidentally gave Riley TWO doses of Benadryl. Oops. Just one more thing, right? After the bath we covered her in calamine lotion.
She was happy to watch "toy stoey" and eventually the bumps started to clear. About every 3-4 hours they would reappear and we would go through the bath, calamine, Benadryl routine again.
The only way she would take her medicine
Sam wasn't scared of the hives.
We kept her home on Monday and by that evening she was doing much better with only a couple outbreaks. She did have them pop up once each day for the next couple days. We still have no idea what caused the hives which leads us to believe that it was just a virus. I'm really thankful we didn't totally overreact and take her to the ER!
So what else have we been up to?
We've been gardening.
My favorite of the season: fresh green beans!
Lots of gardening going on at the Murphy house. Riley loves to help out. Usually that consists of picking 8 sun gold "tomoes" straight from the vine and popping in her mouth. She absolutely loves them. She also likes to help with the weeding...usually by picking leaves off of the plants or pulling the onions from the ground. But most of all, she loves to carry around her bucket with all of the fresh produce in it.
What's in here?
Oh, wait...not the jalapenos, Riley! (don't worry, I made it there in time to stop her from biting in)
Oops...Caught in the act.
Look Momma, I did it!
All by herself. She wanted to go outside really bad!
Now things are back to normal...
Wearing Daddy's socks! I love this picture because it looks like my little girl is ready to run outside and play soccer!
Look at how crazy her hair is these days!
Oh, and I almost forgot...we're busy planning her 2nd Birthday Party. This year's party has been scaled down to just her immediate family. She's very excited and every time I ask her what she wants for her birthday she responds with "apple juice." So easy to please. We're going with a Tinker Bell theme. Think this picture mixed with Tinker Bell for the invites:
Next week, we'll be talking about birthday number 2 and our trip to Wisconson!













No comments:
Post a Comment