Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Riley Nicole At 1 Year, 10 Months Old

It's that time of the month again...another update on Miss Riley!  I don't even know where to start this month.  She's tiptoeing her way right into the terrible twos.  I don't think we're going to be lucky enough to detour her around this fun stage. I've been trying to tune out my mom's horror stories with me and have been hoping that it's possible for Riley to skip this whole stage...but, I think I'm out of luck.  She's proving to be a real handful ball of independent, sassy, energy zapper!

Here's a few examples, along with the usual stuff:
  • Riley weighs in at 24 lbs 3 oz and is 32 1/4 inches tall.  She's barely fitting into her size 5 shoes and can still squeeze into her size 4s.  She wearing all size 2T clothes.  Most of her shirts fit great, but all of her shorts are barely staying up thanks to her diaper. 
  • She is talking like crazy and actually picking up new concepts daily.  She's started using me, hurt, scared, hot, cold, tired, up, and down accurately.
  • Her go-to color is blue.  I always ask her what color something is and she always say blue.  She can point to each color when asked about 60% of the time.
  • If you ask her she's TWO with one finger in the air.  I'm just rolling with it since she'll be two soon enough. 
  • She will try to count.  Usually saying one, two, three, five, six, eight, and then numbers that I can't make out.
  • She's starting to say everyday phrases that Brett and I find ourselves saying.  Like, "lets go" or "here we go." 
  • She still loves to say "no, no, no" while shaking her head. 
  • She loves to point out every bus, truck, semi on the road.  She'll be the first to tell you she's right if you try to correct her.
  • She still likes to listen to her "songs please" in the car.  We had to start telling her that we must listen to all of the songs because she was yelling "NO, NO, NO!" after five seconds into each song.  It's fun to watch her try to sing along and do hand motions.  She usually gets the last couple words of each line right.  When she likes a song she immediately bops her head left and right to the beat.
  • She loves watering the flowers, plants, grass, trees, weeds...you name it, she's watering it.
  • She also loves to wear her fancy shoes and dress.  So far, we've only worn them around the house to practice in before the big wedding this weekend. 
  • She loves to make "bunny soup" with her toy kitchen.  She usually brings it over and as you take a sip she yells "hot, hot" and we have to blow on it and then take another sip.
  • She likes to play with her little people and little animals.  She usually sits them in their little chairs and lines them up.  She also likes to throw them!
  • She now swims in the bath tub.  She'll lay on her tummy for her entire bath (except when I forcer her to turn over to wash her hair) and kick her legs and moves her arms.  She hates when we have to wash her hair.  She constantly says "eyes, eyes" because she doesn't want water in her eyes.
  • She's gone pee pee on the potty two more times.  Both times were flukes and she was very confused about what was going on.
  • She loves horses.  She especially loves the horse toy that is in our neighbor's garage.  If we don't watch her closely she heads straight to their garage. 

No comments: