Yet again, Riley has some new tricks up her sleeve. Some exciting, some not so exciting! She is now walking everywhere...with her Lion walker. There are some nights that she is only kept happy by walking back and forth across the living room 16 times (literally...we keep track). We have been trying to get her to walk without the walker. She will stand without support for quite awhile now, but refuses to take any steps. She will lean forward until she can touch you or sit down, rather than take a step forward. She is sooo close though!
I don't know why she does this next trick. It is quite possibly the most ANNOYING thing ever. Think fingernails on a chalkboard annoying. Riley grinds her teeth. It's been going on for the last week or two and it really does drive Brett and I nuts. First off, the noise is unbearable. Second, it can't be good on her teeth. I've researched this online and everywhere I read it said that this was a phase and like most things it will soon pass. I think those are common words in parenting: "phase" "will soon pass". They get kind of old.
Next, Riley loves to play in her pool. I know this isn't a trick, but it's still exciting. We bought a little pool that looks like a rhino and she loves it. She'll sit in it and splash and splash until her eyes are red and toes are numb. She's only been able to use it twice since we bought it last week, but I'm sure it will get a lot more use over the summer! We don't have very many pictures or her in her pool. As soon as I have some good ones I will post them!
It's hard to believe that next week is the 4Th of July already. I love the 4Th of July. For some reason it is when summer really begins for me. I love the parades, food, parties, fireworks, and spirit in the air. I can't wait for Riley to experience it herself. Hopefully we'll be able to make it as memorable and exciting for her as it is for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment