- This pregnancy seems to be lining up more closely to how things went with Riley. I've started second guessing our decision to not take the progesterone shots this time around.
- I've gained about 30 pounds so far. I had high hopes to keep my weight gain down this time. But, I've come to the realization that my body just likes to gain weight when I'm pregnant. I'm hoping that the next 11 weeks only brings 10 more pounds (or 0!)! It's never a good feeling when you contstantly grow out of your maternity clothes.
- Overall, I feel pretty crappy. Ask me though, and I'll say "I feel ok." I'm just tired and sore and cranky most days. By the end of the day I'm ready to sit on the couch and veg out. Now that the weather is nicer we have been spending more time outside with the girls, but I'm pooped!
- The baby is moving constantly. I don't think there is an hour in the day where I don't feel some sort of movement. I think he's a stretcher because he is always pushing his bum out.
- The swelling has begun. I thought that maybe I wouldn't swell as bad since the hot months were in the middle of the pregnancy. Unfortunately, my body swells in any weather.
- We have moved on to two week appointments. This is when the realization of a new baby really begins to settle in.
- We are still undecided on a name for this little boy. We have struggled more than ever coming up with the perfect name for our boy. So far we have a short list of 8, or so names, but only one that we both really like. Brett is decided on the name we agree on, but I'm still on 80% sure. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have it nailed down. I hate not knowing!
- I barely passed my glucose test this time. I had the highest score possible to still pass. My iron is low this time around so I'm taking an iron supplement. My thyroid medication had to be doubled a month or two ago. So, it's safe to say that this baby is sucking the life out of me! :)
- We still have a lot to prepare for our little guy's arrival. We need to paint the baby room. Bye bye pink. We need to wash all of our gender neutral clothes and baby gear. We need to buy new blankets, sheets, gowns, sleep sacks, pacis, and the list goes on. We do have the double stroller, Hawkeye apparel, Wee Wee tents, trumpette socks, and a few cuddly outfits under control!
- Riley understands that Mommy has a baby in her tummy and is very excited to have a brother. She is very opinionated on what we name the little guy too! Harper wants to see the baby in my tummy all the time and then loses interest as soon as she sees my belly button!
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Pregnancy #3 Update
It's about time for another update on how this little boy is doing. Today I'm 29 weeks and a few days. The countdown to December 17th is officially on. We've got just a little over 2 months to go! Like everything else in my life this pregnancy is flying by! Seems like just yesterday Brett was on the verge of passing out in the garage as he learned that we were adding a fifth member to our family. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment