I've been thinking a lot lately about Harper missing out on being the baby of the family. Yes, she'll always be my baby and loved and hopefully feel special, but I worry about her missing out on the attention that she receives as the "baby of the family." I find myself rocking her at night as she goes to bed. No, she doesn't need to be rocked to fall asleep. Really, she'd prefer to fall asleep on her own in her crib. But, she's my baby and I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel a little guilty and sad that she won't be my youngest for much longer. I've always found myself pushing the girls through milestones and realizing later that things will happen in due time. A few months ago I was talking about how hopefully we can get Harper potty trained before she's two and moved into the bunk beds with her sister by then. Now, I find myself backtracking and questioning my urge to push her along. Yes, it will be a pain to have two in diapers, but she's only one...surely we will manage. She's a climber and adventurous. Is it really safe to have her wake up in the morning and climb up to the top bunk and fall over the edge? So, as excited I am to meet my new son I pray that these next three months slow down for her sake!






1 comment:
Hi remember feeling that way with Carter before Brynn was born. And he was almost 3! Maybe we always have that guilty feeling that we're taking something away from them when they are no longer the "baby." But looking back, I feel like adding a sibling was the best thing we could have done. I'm sure Harper will still get all the love and attention she needs, and she'll get to have another playmate too!!!
Post a Comment