Day 1: Tuesday 2/21/12
AM: Spark Drink and Catalyst (amino acids) - Tasted good. Noticed that I felt a bit less "foggy" after drinking it. Fiber drink mixed with water: yuck. Felt like drinking malt-o-meal in a cup. Couldn't drink it all. Chugged 2 glasses water. Felt full. Chocolate meal replacement shake. Reminded me of Slim Fast. Full through the AM.
DAY: Had fruit for snack. Craved food all day. Lunch - tuna, steamed broccoli.
Evening: Chicken, Quinoa, cauliflower for dinner. Omega 3 pills with dinner. Fruit for evening snack. Cleanse in evening. No exercise. First day done!
Day 2: Wednesday 2/22/12
Mixed fiber drink with OJ and much better! Drank the whole thing. Felt energized through my morning routine. Really like the Spark drink! Overall sense of well-being. Weird, hard to explain. But GOOD. Banana for morning snack. Ponchero's Burrito Bowls sans cheese and rice for lunch. Black beans - bad idea. Carrots for afternoon snack. No food cravings. Passed up cookies and brownies at work! Evening chicken and quinoa again. No evening snack. Full. Stomach hasn't growled once. Exercised!
Day 3: Thursday 2/23/12
Really like the feeling of the Spark in the morning. Notice that I'm more prepared for the day. Down two pounds in AM. No food cravings. Watched on as the family ate McDonald's. I didn't even steal a fry! Same lunch as previous days. Bananas and green apples as snacks. Surprised that I can actually notice more mental focus throughout the day! Dinner: ground turkey, mushrooms, and brown rice cooked together. Surprisingly good (fed the whole fam) considering the minimal ingredients and throwing it together. Apple for PM snack. No exercise.
Day 4: Friday 2/24/12
No fiber drink today!! Get a couple days off from it. Truly proud of myself for sticking to the diet. Oh wait, went to a meeting at work, got caught up in it and before I remembered the "no dairy, no simple carbs" rule I ate three crackers with cheese. I spent the rest of the meeting hoping I didn't have to dash to the bathroom (I didn't!). Palmer's salad for lunch. Yum! Surprisingly not finding myself craving sweets at all! I have a huge sweet tooth and usually raid my co-worker's candy jars throughout the day. Day 4 of no pop - something I had become used to drinking while at work.
Day 5: Saturday 2/25/12
I cheated today. Brett and I decided to go to Waterfront and I couldn't pass up the glass of Pinot Gregio, sushi, or the creamy Parmesan house dressing. I was good and skipped the bread and had my favorite, light cut halibut. Weekends are harder to keep true to the cleanse.
Day 6: Sunday 2/26/12
And I'm back. Pretty good day. No change in my weight yet. Reminded myself that the weight loss is an added benefit to the cleanse portion of the 24 day challenge.
Day 7: Monday 2/27/12
Worked out this morning! 30 minutes on the treadmill. Felt good! Passed up treats at work. Still going strong.
Day 8: Tuesday 2/28/12
Counting down the end of the cleanse. Fiber drink isn't as hard to take, but I'll be glad when it's over. Looked at the next round of the challenge. Holy pills! I think I will take 10 pills by the time I head out for work. Seems crazy. Hope it works. Worked out again this morning. Feel really energized after working out.
Day 9: Wednesday 2/29/12
Followed the plan again today! Feeling good.
Day 10: Thursday 3/1/12
Took my measurements today. Surprised to see that I'm down a total of 4 1/2 inches and 2 pounds! Starting to really feel it. Last day of the fiber drink. Yahoo!!
Day 11: Friday 3/2/12
Max phase isn't too bad so far. Yes, a lot of pills. Don't find myself having a hard time sitting still or even my heart racing. I worried that it would be like most diet pills with caffeine. Have decided that if this phase really works I might become a distributor so that I can receive the discounted product.
Day 12: Saturday 3/3/12
Feeling really good today. Keeping busy. Have allowed myself to have some more carbs. Really notice that I crave sweets and snacks more when I eat more carbs. Never really noticed it before. Really trying to limit my carbs to 30 grams or less per meal. Seems easier than I thought. Really enjoy rice cakes with peanut butter and apples. Maybe a new favorite snack!
Day 13: Sunday 3/4/12
Another good day! Nothing new. Just plugging along.
Day 14: Monday 3/5/12
Treadmill is becoming easier. Really noticing that I WANT to work out. I'm running longer and faster. My legs don't feel as uncoordinated. Weighed myself. Down another pound! Really feeling good. There truly is a sense of well-being.
Day 15: Tuesday 3/6/12
Needed the pick me up of the spark today. Was up with Harper from 10:45pm - 2am!! Virus and she wasn't feeling it. Couldn't drag myself downstairs to the treadmill. Measured my waist and hips. Another inch down on both! Down another pound! That's 4 pounds total now. I'm actually seeing the difference now. Definitely not going to stop at the end of the 24 day challenge. My goal now: Lose 14 more pounds by May 18th when Brett and I go to Vegas to celebrate 5 years of wedded bliss!
Day 16: Wednesday 3/7/12
Still trying to recover from lack of sleep. No treadmill in AM, maybe when I get home from work. Tried on a pre-baby pair of dress pants. I.Got.Them.On!!!! 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing 16 days ago. What?? Really feeling it. They were tight, but buttoned and zipped. I wore them for 10 minutes while I got ready just because they FIT!! Hopefully next week I'll actually be wearing them to work!! I think I was a believer in AdvoCare last week, but I'm really a believer today.
Day 17: Thursday 3/8/12
Worked out today! Noticing how much easier it is to get on the treadmill and complete a full 30-35 interval program. Stuck to my eating program today. Notice that I crave less when I avoid carbs. Nearing the end of the Max phase and realizing that I'm not ready for it to be over. Switched up my colored MNS pills with my white pills. I thought about it all day and it made me want to eat! Totally mental.
I did it. I became a distributor.
I really believe in this product and how it has changed my energy, health, thinking and overall well-being. Can you say a total of 7 inches melted away! And I'm not done! Plus, I'm pop free for 17 days now. I really do feel a sense of clarity and focus, something I was struggling to find a couple weeks ago. I was so caught up in feeling out of shape and 'blah' that I didn't know where to begin. AdvoCare has helped me with picking my feet up and making my health a priority again. Most mommys will understand: You often find yourself second or third to your family and career. I can say that I was spending all of my energy keeping my family happy, loving my babies, and getting through my work day that I had nothing in my tank to put toward me at the end of the day. Often times I didn't make the time to take my own lunch to work and found myself finding something quick and close to the office to pick up. Obviously, not the best option. Oh, and how about finishing the left over chicken nugget or hot dog from Riley's lunch or dinner. I'm so guilty of that! Now, I can say that I've got my groove back and beginning to think that joining my old 'Over The Hill' soccer team isn't so far off! Being an athlete all my life it's been hard realizing that I'm not that same person anymore. But, I know I'm changing that every day! Very excited for this new venture.
Day 18: Friday 3/9/12
Worked out this afternoon. Meeting my cousins for a couple drinks after work. Hoping that I can stick to my new diet and not eat nachos or other bar food! Not struggling with cravings today. Crazy how that comes and goes. Really enjoying tuna salad on multi-grain crackers for lunch. Plus, got Brett and Riley to eat fish for dinner last night. Surprised that Riley likes it and amazed that Brett even considered eating it. No change in weight today. Reminding myself that I may not see the biggest results in weight, but well-being and inches!
Ordered some more products today. Excited to try some of the different things AdvoCare has to offer. Will continue with the Max 3, Spark, and Catalyst; but will also add some more things in to the regimen.
Day 19: Saturday 3/10/12
Followed my diet last night by eating a salad with grilled chicken. Not so well with the drinks. It felt good to be out and to catch up with my cousins. I did squeeze a work out in before going so that's good. Today I've done a pretty good job of following the diet. We need to go to the store to pick up more fruits and veggies, tuna, and eggs. Most exciting thing though....took my measurements again Friday afternoon. Down a total of 7 inches. Crazy! 1/2 in on my arm, 1/2 in on my shoulders, 1/2 in on my chest, 1 1/2 in on my waist, 2 1/2 in on my hips, 1 1/2 in on my thigh, and nothing on my calf. That is definitely the motivation that I need to keep on with the workouts and diet!
Day 20: Sunday 3/11/12
Happy Daylight Savings! We "sprung forward" today. Harper was up at 6:30 (really 5:30 on my internal clock!). The Spark helped me get moving this morning. Took my MNS pills and had a slice of multrigrain toast with peanut butter. One of my go-to breakfasts these days. Excited to work in some grilled meat now that spring temperatures seem to be here to stay.
Starting to think that I may try to sell AdvoCare and not just "get the discount." Got my first sale on Friday (Thanks Sarah!). Even more excited for my new venture!
Day 21: Monday 3/12/12
Thought I'd be able to work out this morning, but with the time change it was just too difficult to get up. I was up with Harper at what I thought was 2:58 am, but when I returned to bed at 1:15 am I was totally freaked out. Turns out my water cup was blocking the 1 and my groggy brain couldn't figure that one out. After getting up again for another 45 minutes, I needed the extra sleep this morning. Anywho, hoping I can find the energy tonight to work in some time on the treadmill. Might have to watch The Voice while running. I kicked up my running routine yesterday - 3 miles. Amazing to think that I've gone from 0-3mile workouts in just three weeks. Feeling great. Excited to get my next shipments from AdvoCare, including my Distributor Kit!
Day 22: Tuesday 3/13/12
If you don't believe in karma you should. I went to Ponchero's for lunch today since I was up in Ames for work. I decided that I really wanted a soda since I hadn't had one in three weeks. Karma struck. As I was getting into the car I spilled my pop all over my shirt and lap. Karma! I'm still feeling great. I took my measurements again this morning and am down 9 1/2 inches! Holy cow! I was able to get another 3 miles in yesterday and started my old ab routine from my Simpson Soccer days. Hard! Today I took it easy. 20 minute treadmill walk, weights, and hip routine. Still feeling great!
Day 23: Wednesday 3/14/12
Received my distributor kit last night. Excited to get started. Tried one of the AdvoCare Slams that came with the kit. Definitely energy filled. Tried the Strawberry Blast today and liked it better than the fruit punch. Checked my order status and saw that my next delivery should be dropped off today. Excited to begin the new products.
Day 24: Thursday 3/15/12
Morning results. I'm happy to report that AdvoCare helped me lose 4 1/2 pounds and shed 12 inches in total. That just blows my mind. Here's how it adds up:
- Right Arm: 1/2 inch
- Shoulders: 1/2 inch
- Chest: 2.5 inches
- Waist: 3.5 inches
- Hips: 2.5 inches
- Right Thigh: 2.5 inches
- Right Calf: 0
No comments:
Post a Comment