Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Riley's First Day of Preschool

Today was Riley's first day of preschool.  I almost didn't sign her up because she just turned three last month and I thought that maybe she wasn't ready.  The closer that we came to preschool starting and knowing that two of Riley's daycare friends would be going I started feeling like she would be missing out.  So literally the night of preschool open house I called to see if there was an opening.  Luckily, there was and now Riley is my preschooler. Leading up to today Riley has been super excited to go to school and to take her backpack with her.  I was a little worried considering she cried and clung to Brett the majority of the time at the open house.  While all of the parents attended the meeting the kids (and Brett) played in the gym.  This morning there were only a few tears as Brett left and a couple minutes of her clinging to my shirt.  After a few minutes she was playing with the kitchen, checking out the fish, and playing with her little buddy Carter.  I talked to her after preschool and she said that she just played all morning and agreed that she'd like to go back next week!  A success!
 Outside the classroom
 Riley and Carter
 Next to her cubby
 Checking out the fish
 Playing with the kitchen
On my way out - looks like she's doing pretty good!

No comments: