It's hard to believe that Harper is already one month old. It's amazing how complete she has made our family feel. Like most parents, I was really worried how bringing another child into our family would change things. We truly feel blessed to have our family complete with our two girls. Here is what Harper has been up to her first month of life:
- This girl can eat! She is eating between 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours. She goes on spurts where she is eating every two hours and sometimes we feel that she isn't on any schedule at all. I've been pumping mostly, but there are times where she will fuss until I nurse her.
- She is sleeping about 4-5 hour stretches at night. If we time her night time feeding just right she will sleep until almost 4 am. As much as we thought we were prepared for the lack of sleep, we weren't. I do notice this time around that I really don't nap during the day.
- She is still wearing her newborn outfits. I'm not sure how much she weighs, but I would guess around 9 lbs. She can fit into a few of her 0-3 month outfits, but most of them she is swimming in.
- She has started to stay awake for longer stretches during the day. Sometimes she'll be awake for a couple hours.
- She still has all of her dark hair, but it does seem to lightening up.
- She likes to be held upright on your shoulder.
- She could care less about her swing and won't tolerate it much longer than 20-30 minutes.
- We are battling the baby zits. They don't bother her, but it takes everything for Brett and I to leave them alone.
- She still likes to be swaddled with her arms loose.
- She likes her paci, but doesn't have to have it.
- She is perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment