Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Riley On Being A Big Sister

I video taped Riley last night as I asked her a few questions about being a big sister and bringing a baby into the Murphy family.  I still haven't figured out how to upload video from my video camera so I don't have it to post.  Here's a jist of how it went down:

Mommy: Riley, what's in Mommy's tummy?

Riley: A baby!

Mommy: Do you want it to be a baby girl, or baby boy?

Riley: Baby Sister

Daddy: What if it's a boy?

Riley: No.  Baby Sister!

Mommy:  Are you going to help with the baby?

Riley:  Yeah!

Mommy:  What are you going to help with?

Riley:  {Long pause}

Mommy:  Are you going to help feed her?

Riley: Yeah!

Mommy:  Are you going to feed her a bottle?

Riley:  No. Soup! {Riley does a somersault off of the chair and the interview is officially over}

Riley will be a great big sister.  She loves playing with her dollies - making them take naps, feeding them, and putting diapers on them.  Today, she took a stuffed lamb to Hedy's house.  She took it right over to baby Cooper (he's 9 months old) and let him play with it.  Then preceded to kiss him on the lips and unzip his jammies.  Nice.  We're working on the difference between babies and dollies, and how we don't just get babies naked like dollies.  She definitely has the baby talk down and loves that she can make babies happy.  We'll be working on being gentle with babies over the next 6 months as she hasn't quite figured that one out yet!

I'm officially 12 weeks today.  We have our 2nd OB appointment this afternoon.  From what I remember not much is done at this appointment.  They will be redrawing all my labs. I didn't get a clear answer from the nurse, but believe that they lost or contaminated my blood work from my last appointment.  We'll also be discussing the option of progesterone shots this time around. Since Riley spontaneously came 5 weeks early the doctor that I saw last suggested that it might be a good option.  There is a chance that this baby could come sooner than the first.  Who knows.  Thankfully, I've turned a corner and now can eat pretty much anything.  Life is getting back to normal as I'm not just laying on the couch all evening. It was pretty bad for awhile, but I feel like a new person now!

No comments: