Friday, October 8, 2010

Daddy's Birthday

We celebrated Daddy's 29th birthday this week.  Monday was officially the big day, but we started celebrating early on Saturday.  Grandma and Grandpa Murphy came over for some Hawkeye football, lasagna, and birthday cake.  We all had a great time until mid 3rd quarter when our Direct TV decided to quit working.  No worries, Hawks still came through with a win. 
On Monday, Daddy's official birthday, Riley and I went to pick out Daddy's gift.  This year, I let her loose at the Dollar Store (Uncle Nick's idea!).  Riley loved picking out Daddy's gift.  She picked the cutest teddy bear princess "Happy Birthday Great Granddaughter" card, a little dinosaur, and a cute flowery Happy Birthday balloon.  I wish I would have snapped some pictures.  She was so proud of her gifts and ran them to Daddy as soon as he walked in the door from work!  Later in the evening we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for pizza, beer, and pie.  Riley loved spending a few hours with her cousins!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

No comments: