Why do the weekends always seem to fly past us? I can't believe it is already Monday and I'm back to the normal grind of Case Management. Hmmm. We really had a good weekend and I'm sure that is why it flew past us so quickly.
Saturday Brett had a softball tournament. I stayed home with Riley in the morning and we went to watch his afternoon game...well, we went with intentions to watch the game. We didn't actually get to watch Daddy play. They were running late and Riley (and Mommy) was a bit bored with no other kiddos (and other mommies) to play with. On the way home, just as soon as Riley fell asleep, I decided to meet Grandma Burch, Aunt Bev, and Cousin Jillian at Waterfront for lunch. Remember the child who screams in restaurants is still in tow. I decided to brave it in hopes that she would sleep through lunch and I could enjoy some sushi! I did get my sushi, and Miss Riley, although awake, let her mommy eat it too!
Sunday we went to Lowes to purchase some weed killer and screws to attach our new door hanger (our once purple door is now black!). We decided that it was finally time to take down the personalized door hanger that had been up since 2001. We left Lowes with some extras: We found some perfect accessories for Riley's party. We are going with a polka dots theme...no cartoon characters yet. When she is old enough to pick her theme on her own she will. The excitement for her party continues to grow as I keep finding more perfect accessories! Later in the day Riley went to Grandma and Grandpa Burch's for a few hours so Mommy and Daddy could go see Harry Potter. She was "perfect, ate really well, and only yawned a couple times." She had fun eating lunch, helping Grandpa practice putting the tent up (they are joining Ragbrai for a day), and tearing up magazines. Grandma and Granpa's house is the best! She was exhausted when we picked her up at 3:30 and asleep before we pulled out of their driveway!
All weekend long, Riley was continuously looking out the window screaming and saying "side." Common meanings for the word "side": "Take me outside right now!", "Look, there's my swing! Take me to it now!", and "Slide! I want to slide!" Riley is an outdoors girl and loves to play outside, especially if it involves a swing. The more vocal that Riley has become the more we are noticing how impatient she really is! I wish I could blame this on her father, but he is the most patient person I've ever met. This leaves the blame to me. I admit, she is her mother's daughter!
Stay tuned for some exciting posts in the next week:
- Riley's Aunt Libby and soon-to-be Uncle David come to town.
- Trip to Omaha Zoo with the Burch's.
No comments:
Post a Comment