Friday, May 22, 2009

Food Snob

I've been slacking on the blog this week. Usually I'm inspired to write something based off of the pictures that I take throughout the week. Well, our memory stick for the camera is completely full! I've hated not having a camera because Riley is now pulling herself up and crawling directly to anything with buttons, fur, or electricity! Agenda for this weekend includes putting the videos and pictures on a CD so that I can delete them from the memory stick. So here is a story without pictures:

As you all know, Brett and I make all of Riley's food. Early on we tried giving her jarred meats to make sure that she wasn't allergic. We thought that would be better then cooking a whole piece of meat and pureeing it only to find out if she might not be able to eat it. Well, Wednesday we forgot to send lunch for Riley (I know, we're great parents) and Hedy had to give her some of the jarred food that she had on hand. Turns out Riley tried Green Beans with Rice and proceeded to spit it out and gag (like really gag) over every spoonful. I laughed when hearing this and thought "maybe it's the green beans" because Riley really doesn't care for them when we give them to her at home. That day she ended up with 1/2 banana for lunch. So that night I decided to try some of the Stage 3 "dinners" that Gerber makes thinking it would be easy to have some on hand when we didn't have something made. Little stinker wouldn't eat the Chicken and Noodles either! She did the same thing: gag, "how could you do this to me, Mom" look, and pushing it out. She also added in the "no, no" head shake with a sourpuss face. Ladies and Gentleman, we have created our very own FOOD SNOB! So last night, we mixed together sweet potato, squash, pork, spinach, pasta and something else...she ate it like a champ. Seriously, who really likes that over chicken and noodles?? Oh well, looks like we will continue to make Riley's food.

She has started trying more table foods. Things she likes: string cheese, bite sized pieces of chicken (grilled please...snob), Mexican rice, deli meat, bread, pasta. Things she doesn't like: green beans, plain yogurt, Mommy not sharing.

We are looking forward to the weekend. Brett's sister (Libby) and her fiancee (David) are coming to stay with us. Plus, we have John's (Brett's brother) graduation on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of the weekend.

No comments: